Monday, October 1, 2012

Friends and Fireworks

Today Katie, Heather and their friend Cindy came to Hong Kong. They were supposed to get in at 10am but ended up getting in around 2pm.

I can't tell you how amazing it is to have friends around, especially girlfriends. I didn't realize how much I missed just hanging out with a group of girls, chatting, eating, watching a movie, etc. Friends can lift your spirits so much :).

After lunch at the Waterfront

Securing their spots at 5:30 for the fireworks at 9!
Today we had a late lunch, early dinner at the Waterfront. I got angel hair pasta with agli oilio sauce (not really sure if thats how you spell it) and ate the entire bowl. Didn't realize I was that hungry but it was DELICIOUS. Katie, Heather and Cindy had been on a train for 38 hours so they all devoured their food.

After we went to Metropolis to get ice cream and candy and then came back and watched a movie until the fireworks started!

The fireworks started at 9pm and lasted for 23 minutes. They were awesome. I act like a 5 year old when it comes to fireworks. But apparently I'm not the only one because all the asians standing on the harbour were clapping and yelling and oohing and awing. It was hilarious.



Tomorrow we are going to hike Dragon's Back and then go to lunch at Thai and hit the beach! I am so excited to see a new part of Hong Kong and be with good friends.

Watching the fireworks from my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment