Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I can't believe my home is in Hong Kong

Today Heather, Katie, Cindy and I hiked Dragon's Back and went to Big Wave Bay. It was honestly the most incredible day I have had since I've left the states.

We really could not have asked for a more beautiful day. The sun was shining and it wasn't too hot out.



Our adventure began on Avenue of the Stars and then we took the Star Ferry to Central where we got on the 6 bus to Stanley. The bus ride to Stanley is the most beautiful bus ride. It's actually indescribable .. a lot of today was. After getting to Stanley we took a cab to the bottom of Dragon's Back. From there we hiked up Dragon's Back which took about an hour. When we got to the top we stopped for a break and ate Nature Valley bars and chugged water.

The hike was the most beautiful (sorry I've used the word beautiful a lot... I can't help it) hike I've ever been on. The scenery was incredible; it actually took my breath away. At one point I couldn't believe how lucky I was that my parents live in Hong Kong and I am able to experience the coolest adventures!

There were a bunch of stairs at the end of the hike so Cindy and I decided it would be a good idea to run up all the stairs.... it definitely was rewarding and completely exhausting! OH and we also saw a snake on the hike.

The hike down was just as beautiful as the hike up!

After the hike we took a bus to Big Wave Bay which is a beach with a ton of surfers. I've literally never seen more surfers in my life. I've also never seen bigger waves in my life. The sand was so soft, the water was the perfect temperature and the sun was shinning. We probably looked like the happiest four girls on the beach. Katie and I sprinted into the ocean the second we got there.

Later on we discovered that it was Cindy's FIRST TIME ever to go to a beach. I thought she meant in another country, but she really meant ever. So crazy!

We left the beach in the afternoon and took a taxi back to North Point, took the North Point ferry to Hung Hom and then walked from the Hung Hom ferry home.

Tonight we took the world's longest escalator to have dinner at a Mexican restaurant. We were done with dinner in under an hour.... our food was pretty much done right after it was served to us. It was as if we had never eaten before.

After dinner we headed back and watched Eat, Pray, Love.

Tomorrow my mom and dad will finally be back from vacation! I can't wait to see them. I feel like a 5 year old.

Overall, today was an amazing today. I honestly could not have asked for a better day. It's too bad I'm not living in Hong Kong... I sure will miss my view of the harbour when I leave on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment