Friday, October 5, 2012

Shopping in Shenzhen

Wednesday morning my parents got back from the Philippines! I was so excited to see them. They were exhausted though because they flew through the night. No idea how my dad managed to go to work... what an all-star. 
Famous Waffles

Mom was exhausted and planned to do laundry and relax so I went exploring in HK for Katie, Heather and Cindy's last day. We went to Nathan Rd. and got these famous waffles that Cindy discovered the last time she was in HK. It was delicious but next time I'll have to bring my own syrup! 


The girls left for Shenzhen around 3. My mom and I planned to meet them there Thursday morning to go shopping. 

Waterfront, where we had dinner.


Wednesday night my parents and I went to the Waterfront for dinner. Gorgeous night and great food!

Thursday my mom and I took the train to Shenzhen. It is so easy! The train station is across the street from our apartment and then a 40 minute train ride to Shenzhen, China. Going through customs was easy since there were no lines.

Shenzhen Shopping
We met up with Katie, Heather and Cindy to go shopping where my mom has been probably five times already. She showed us the ropes and introduced us to all her "people". It was great.

I got four pairs of pants made for a great price. I got UGGS, driving loafers, DVDs ($1 US, each), purses, a painting of Starry Night and some other things. It was definitely a successful day. 

I was sad to say bye to the girls but I'm going to go visit them before our January break! They are teaching in a small city outside of Chengdu so I can't wait to go visit and eat tons of Sichuan food. 


No comments:

Post a Comment