Friday, October 12, 2012

烧烤 (Shao kao= Chinese BBQ)

I don't teach on Friday's so I didn't get out of bed today until later. It was nice to wake up and realize I had a day to do WHATEVER I WANTED, no deadlines. Except, I woke up feeling sick. I think all the dirt has gotten to me. My plan today was to apply to a bunch of schools in Orange County and DC for next year but that didn't end up happening. I still have all weekend though so thats nice.

Nat, me and Henry at the Night Market
Katrina called me around 10am to ask me if I could coach 12 students for the next three weeks. Only two of them will be chosen after the three weeks to compete in the English speaking contest that airs on CCTV. I say that she "asked" me but "asking" doesn't really exist here. You are expected to say yes, no matter what. So of course I agreed. So Tuesday and Thursdays from 6:00-8:30 and then Saturdays from 8:30-11 I will be "Coach Rachel". Should be interesting.

I didin't do much today since I wasn't feeling well. I pretty much just relaxed and read all day, it was great.


Tonight Henry, Nat, Katherine, Alicia, Alicia's mom and I all went to the night market to get BBQ (Shao Kao). It's not your typical BBQ, it's meat or vegetables on a stick. We also got crawfish. The food was delicious! We plan on going back a bunch before it gets cold.

I'm heading to bed early tonight since I have to be at the speech contest practice at 8:30.


No comments:

Post a Comment