Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fall has FINALLY arrived!

It's now Wednesday and I have finally left campus. After the fight I was pretty terrified to go anywhere alone. Yesterday I walked like 2 minutes outside the campus gate to get paper for my Public Speaking class project. Today I finally got the courage to go back to the lake. I had to remind myself that those guys are in prison, Chinese prison, and they aren't after me. Plus I've been safe for the past month here walking around Ma'anshan and the lake alone. And... if anything happens to me at the lake I have two 7lb weights... so I'm set!

Such a beautiful lake and a gorgeous day :)
Last week I taught my Public Speaking classes about the Presidential Election and all that goes along with that. Then I had each student create their own party. This week and next week they are working on their campaign signs and party symbols and then in three weeks they are all running to be President of Anhui University of Technology. Yesterday my class was SO into creating their posters that I extended it into next week since they don't have any of the supplies to do it on their own. I can't wait for them to be done with their posters, they all look so great so far! The week they do their speeches I am going to video tape each one and create a class video! I am so excited.

As I mentioned before... I finally left my apartment today! I went back to the lake to go for a walk. It was great. Five days of not walking around the lake and I was ready to get back! Fall has finally arrived in Ma'anshan and it had been gorgeous weather. I love it. I'm just missing tailgating and football. Henry bought an NFL package so he can watch the games on Monday and Tuesday or throughout the week. He said I could watch whenever but it's just on his laptop... not too exciting.

Picture of ZhengJiaJie
Last night Henry, Alicia and I got food from the cafeteria and ate it in my apartment and hung out. We decided we are going to go to ZhengJiaJie during the 13th week. The 13th week is when all the students have midterms so afternoon classes are canceled. I am so excited. Part of Avatar was filmed there with the floating mountains!

Tonight Alicia and I are having a girl night and making breaded chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans.

My life in Ma'anshan is finally starting to fall into place! I've become good friends with Renata and Ian who are both from Australia and in their 50s. I love being friends with people from such different walks of life. It is awesome. Alicia and I have started become better friends which is great. I love having another girl to hang out with.


No comments:

Post a Comment