Sunday, September 30, 2012

Emergency Meeting

So last week was the start of my three new night classes. It was honestly one of the most miserable teaching experiences I've ever had. Not that I've really had many teaching experiences...

Anyway, the guys in my night classes were super inappropriate and no one in the class actually wanted to be there. If the students weren't talking to each other, they were doing homework for another class.

Then there was my 100 person class... not only did those students not want to be there, no one spoke a lick of English! They didn't even understand the question "How are you?" or "Where are you from?" I was at a complete loss for how in the world I could teach 100 students for 2.5 hours English when they couldn't even speak English!

So, long story short, I emailed my boss back in the states about my situation (mainly the inappropriate boys, men rather, they are 22 and 23) and the school held an emergency meeting and canceled my night classes!

I am so relieved that I don't have to teach those classes anymore. I absolutely love teaching my other 5 classes during the day. My students are awesome and love coming to class, which makes me feel great!


No comments:

Post a Comment