Sunday, September 23, 2012

FIRECRACKER CRAZINESS

Starting Friday night firecrackers started going off. I usually hear them every night and every morning, never knew what it was. Well, Friday night I figured it out: Firecrackers! Except from Friday to today, the firecrackers have been going off every 15-30 minutes. We had NO idea why.

Firecrackers going off
Today, we were sitting outside the Yushan Dream City hotel waiting for the airport shuttle and all the sudden, FIRECRACKERSSSSS! And then a bride and groom walk out of the hotel. There must have been a dozen weddings this morning... we witnessed 4 different brides walk out of the hotel in a span of 45 minutes. So now, I officially hate firecrackers... SOO LOUD!!

My mom decided this weekend that Ma'anshan is an assault on your senses: sight, sound and smell. I'd say that's about right...


Saying bye to my mom today was just as tearful as the hello was... and I am seeing her this Friday!

Today was an up, down day for me. I was sad to say bye to my mom and go back to my life of not having a best friend around to talk to. I was happy to walk into my clean, homey apartment, though. Today was full of settling back in, lesson planning and catching up on emails.

Tonight I made my first homemade, American meal!!! I made truffle potato fries, steak bites and broccoli. It was great. I think I'll be making most meals at home now.

This week I have all 8 classes. Tomorrow I am teaching my first freshmen speaking class. I'm interested to see the difference in their English compared to my English majors English. Tomorrow night I'm a judge at the English speech contest. So this week I have no nights off, but Friday I leave to go home to HONG KONG!! WOOHOO! I hope this week flies by!


No comments:

Post a Comment