Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Touching the lives of 300 students.

I now have a new appreciation for every teacher I have ever had. I had no idea how much work was put into lesson planning. I thought this past week would breeze by and then it would finally be Thursday and my mom would be here!

Well the week definitely flew by (thankfully), but I woke up around 7 everyday and went to bed around midnight.

Monday while I was on my walk Katrina called me to inform me that they have just added three night classes to my schedule. So Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I have a night class from 7-9:30. 2.5 hours.... I have never been in a 2.5 hour long class. So this should be interesting.... oh and the extra catch! My Thursday night class has 100 students. 100.... whatttt. I am not a professor. 100 students means a lecture hall for 2.5 hours, not a fun class where they can all practice their speaking.

So this next week should be interesting... I now have 8 classes, 14.5 hours, 300 students and more lesson planning time.  I honestly have no idea how I am going to teach 100, 22 year old students for 2.5 hours. PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!!!

I always thought teachers had the good life... lesson plan for an hour and then go to class.... nope. Basically, teaching is a lot harder than I had imagined. But I do love it! As my dad said, "I get to touch the lives of 300 students." That is pretty cool!

Can't wait for my mom to get here!! I've been missing family and friends a lot since I've been here. Well really, since I've left the states.


No comments:

Post a Comment