Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Chinese Physical...

This morning Henry, Nat (other foreign teacher) and I had to go to Wuhu to get a physical. We all got them back in the states but of course those weren't up to the universities standards.

It took an hour to get to Wuhu. The physical was actually extremely convenient. There were 7 different rooms in this "hospital". I'm convinced it's the "physical hospital". First I got my blood drawn, then I had to do a urine sample, then something else... no idea what it was, then I got an ECG, a chest xray, ultra sound and eye exam. It was actually very convenient. Quite the physical I must say...

We got back around noon and I had baozi and rice for lunch. I'm pretty sure the majority of my meals this year will consist of baozi and rice. I really need to remember to bring salt with me for the rice!

This afternoon I hung out with Katrina in my apartment. We spoke Chinese and went over my schedule and she showed me how to make a syllabus based on the universities requirements. We also had popcorn and I showed how popcorn is SO much better with salt!

While Katrina was here she called the waterman to have him bring a water jug over for my water cooler. The downpayment for the jug was 25RMB and to refill the jug each time it is only 8RMB! So cheap. The water man is so cute and friendly. He taught me what to say on the phone to get a refill, so next time I can call on my own!

My kitchen with my new pan, pot and microwave!
Later on Henry and I went to Carrefour to get more things for our apartments. I bought a new rice cooker because mine was disgusting. Pretty much everything in the apartment was disgusting so I'm basically starting over. High maintenance.... maybe?

I caved and got McDonalds for dinner tonight. I was extremely homesick last night so I felt like I deserved a good 'ole McDonalds cheeseburger, fries and a SOFT DRINK. Ahhh it was amazing. Pretty ironic, McDonalds was actually extremely peaceful. So now I know where to go when I need some peace and quiet. They also clean up after you in China, so thats nice.
My new rice cooker and sticky rice
(the rice was only 3RMB)!


Tonight I did some more decorating and organizing. My apartment is really coming together. I'd say it was a pretty successful day. Tomorrow I meet with Katrina again to go over my schedule again, see my classes and FINALLY get a SIM card for the phone I bought 3 days ago. Only in China...







Here are some more pictures of my apartment!


In my office
"Quote of the day" board. Thanks for the idea Steph!

No comments:

Post a Comment