Friday, September 7, 2012

My first meal at home!

Chaomian
This morning I FINALLY got a SIM card for my cellphone. It seems like getting a phone and sim card is the most complicated process... no idea why. The student who helped me choose a plan wants to come to my Tuesday and Wednesday class. His English is great! He's from northern China (on the boarder of Russia and China). I was pretty impressed with him.

I finally switched it up for lunch and got 牛肉炒面 (fried noodles with beef). It was delicious.


An entire store for Hello Kitty.


Today was a pretty uneventful day. After lunch I walked to the Hello Kitty store and bought a keychain. I figured since I'm in China and all the girls are obsessed with Hello Kitty I should try and fit in.

When I got back to my apartment my plan was to be really productive but I ended up watching Modern Family and took a nap. The nap wasn't part of the plan for the day but I suppose it was well deserved.

I finally made it to the fruit stand and bought bananas. I feel like I have been fruit deprived since I've been here.

Still trying to make my apartment homey. I bought a mat yesterday for my front door and it amazed me how much it made a difference.
Jiaozi, soy sauce, beer and...

STICKY RICE


Tonight I made my first dinner at home! I made 饺子和 米饭 (dumplings and rice). I didn't actually make the dumplings from scratch. I put them in a pot of boiling water and they were done in like 5 minutes. The rice was SUPER sticky. I loved it and I loaded it up with extra salt. YUMMY.

I really need some recent pictures so I will literally pay anyone who wants to send me some! My address is:

Stanley Hu c/o Rachel Lee Iannazzone
International Affairs Office
Anhui University of Technology
Hudong Road, Ma'anshan, Anhui

China, 243002

Tel: 86-555-2311023


Tomorrow I will work on my syllabi for the semester. I have three different classes. Although, I have no idea how they expect me to make a syllabus for each class when I haven't even started teaching so I have NO idea what my students' levels are. But then again, "this is China" so anything goes. 


Sunday I am going to Katrina's grandma's house to learn how to make 饺子(dumpings). So I have something to look forward to this weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment