Monday, September 3, 2012

Gorgeous day

Yesterday was my last day of class. We all took the TEFL test. In order to get my SAFEA certificate (which then allows me to become a resident of Ma'anshan!) I have to pass the test. I am almost positive I did.

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day in Beijing. I woke up around 10 and left to get breakfast at BREAD TALK (amazing bread products... croissants) and get my nails done. I felt like a queen at the manicure place. I was sitting in a huge comfy chair with my feet up. The two girls who did my nails were so sweet and let me practice my Chinese with them!

After I got my nails done, Henry (the other English teacher going to Ma'anshan) and I went to the silk market. I got Rosetta Stone for $15! Levels 1-3... I am so excited! I also got a few movies, the full seasons of Modern Family and Breaking Bad. I am definitely set for a little!


Walking around Beijing today was so relaxing. As I mentioned before the weather was absolutely gorgeous. It was a perfect fall day.. yes, FALL, with the wind blowing. I can only hope Ma'anshan will be as pretty.

I never thought I would feel at home while being in Beijing. I am definitely sad to leave but I am excited to finally get settled and start teaching!

I arrive tonight around midnight (SCARY). Hopefully tomorrow I will get my schedule and find out what year I am teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment