Saturday, September 8, 2012

雨山湖:Yu Shan Hu (Lake)


Wet Market
Today was a great day! Alicia took Henry and I to the wet market right around the corner from campus. They had everything from bread to live fish and chickens. They even had ducks. I was surprised I made it through the market without throwing up or crying. It was so sad seeing all the live animals their waiting to be purchased for someone to eat. A bit morbid.

I bought eggs at the wet market and saw the chicken where my eggs came from. Pretty cool... haha.

Yu Shan Hu




After the wet market we walked through 雨山湖:Yu Shan Hu. Yu Shan Hu is the lake in Ma'anshan. It is absolutely gorgeous. There is a ton of greenery around and people strolling around. It made me so happy being at the lake/park. I plan to go there a lot. Especially if I need a breath of fresh air! We get stared at a lot and get a lot of "Hellos". I can't really blame them though... there are only 20 foreigners in Ma'anshan!

Alicia, Henry, Nat (other foreign teacher) and Susan (Chinese teacher at the foreign school who lived in Florida for 11 years) went to a Korean BBQ restaurant for dinner. It was amazingggg. I finally got to eat white meat chicken, beef, broccoli and sausage... I feel like I have been deprived of meat. The only meat I really get is the meat in jiaozi and I can't even see that meat. Anyway... you probably think I sound crazy, but being able to physically see the meat you're eating is a wonderful feeling in China. Dinner was only 35RMB a person!

Korean BBQ. Nat, me, Alicia
Tomorrow Henry and I are going to Katrina's grandparents house to learn how to make jiaozi (饺子)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment