Sunday, September 16, 2012

Butter and Cheese and The Cowboy Bar

As you can tell, I'm a bit behind in my blog. Who knew lesson planning could take so long? NOT ME.


This past weekend, September 14-September 16, was my second weekend in Ma'anshan. Friday I went for my usual walk and finally bought flowers!! I bought a vase and flowers for a total of $15 (100 RMB).

Then I went to Carrefour to buy some groceries and other stuff for my apartment and I found..... BUTTER AND CHEDDAR CHEESE!! This now means I can make grilled cheese! Best day ever.

Henry and I tried a Western restaurant Friday night that was terrible. So, note to self: Go to Hong Kong to get Western food!

Saturday I went for a walk and made my syllabi for my public speaking and business english classes. They took me a lot longer to make than I originally thought they would. We'll see if I actually follow them through the year.

Saturday night, Henry, Katherine, Alicia and I all made dinner at Alicia's apartment. Katherine is a Chinese teacher at (AHUT) Anhui University of Technology. She actually teaches business writing and has all of my students. She said they told her they really like me, so hopefully that is true!

For dinner we made pad thai with glass noodles. It was actually pretty good. A nice change from the typical Chinese food we've been eating here.

Saturday night we went to the Cowboy Bar and met up with Renata and two other foreigners from NZ and Australia. So I now know a total of 8 foreigners. WOOHOO.

The Cowboy Bar is interesting. They have a pool table, so we played some pool. Renata and I were one team and Katherine and Henry were the other team. Renata and I both played lacrosse, so you can only imagine how intense/aggressive the game was. And we only lost by one shot :(. Next time... if there is a next time!

Sunday I went for another walk and made my lesson plans for the week. For dinner I made my first grilled cheese (in China, obviously) and it was DELICIOUS. I'll be making lots of these this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment