Friday, January 4, 2013

My first Christmas in Ma'anshan

Christmas this year was definitely different, but it wasn't as sad and depressing as I thought it/I would be. It definitely helped that no one really celebrates Christmas in China so it sort of felt like any other day.

Christmas Eve the university students put on a Christmas talent show that we went to. We also had to perform... Henry played guitar and Ian, Alicia and I sand Away in a Manger. Thanks to Ian being a bold singer, I sort of just hummed....
Christmas Dinner with Fran and Geri

After the Christmas talent show Henry and I watched Christmas movies. Christmas morning we had egg sandwiches and we watched more Christmas movies. Then, I had to go to class and listen to 24 final speeches. Not so fun. After class Fran and Geri came over for Christmas dinner. I made pasta with chicken. After dinner I watched more Christmas movies.... and skyped with my family :). So Christmas this year wasn't like my typical Christmas and I definitely missed my family a lot, but it was a Christmas I will never forget. It was my first Christmas away from my family and my first Christmas in China. Who knows how many more Christmases I will have in China!?!?

The morning after Christmas I woke up to SNOW!! It was so exciting... until I discovered that I only had 3 minutes of hot water. Needless to say, I was so ready to get home to Hong Kong to celebrate MY Christmas! I'm having Christmas Eve with my parents December 29th and then Christmas Day on December 30th and then to continue the party... NYE on December 31st and Clemson game at 8am on January 1st.


No comments:

Post a Comment