Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January 23- Old town Lijiang


Mama Naxi


This morning we both slept in till about 9:30. I did some laundry right away so it would have time to dry outside.

Then I went down to see Mama Naxi and she made me eggs and toast. So delicious.

While I waited for Henry I had tea and read, it was a great morning.
  
During the day we walked around the old town of Lijiang. It's all cobblestone and old buildings that are refurbished. I love it. It sort of reminded me of Italy.

Honey
We came across this lady who looked like she was selling rock candy. Really it was very old honey that apparently helps your knees and eyes. So I bought a ton! I also bought a scarf from a lady who made it herself in her shop.

After getting a late lunch, we headed back to mamas around 4. When we walked in she said, "potato potato eat eat". They were french-fries with ketchup and they were delicious.

The rest of the afternoon was spent by showering (finally) and reading outside until it was finally time for dinner.

I swear on this trip I have been hungrier than I've ever been. After lunch I'm ready to figure out where or what we're eating for dinner.

As I mentioned in my last post, we went back to the same restaurant. The wait staff had a good laugh and gave us the same primo table.

Afternoon cleaning of the square in Lijiang
We got beer, peanuts, fish (which was delicious) and pork belly with vermicelli (which was mostly fat) and then of course rice. It was a great meal to end our time in Lijiang.

Tomorrow we take the bus to Kunming and from there we go to the rice terraces in Yuanyang.

No comments:

Post a Comment