Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 10: We're off!



Henry I left for our 3-week adventure today. We left HK around 11:30 to get the coach bus Shenzhen. I zipped through immigration since I am a proud HK frequent flyer. It didn't matter though since I still had to wait on Henry.

Of course when I am flying with someone else the flight isn't delayed. Which of course is a great thing. I just wish the flights I took on my own left on time!

When we got to Chengdu our plan was to take the 303 bus to the city but of course that bus wasn't running. So we took a taxi instead. The driver had no idea where our hostel was so we tried to get out of the taxi but the policeman said "Hao le Hao le" as in "everything's fine". Everything wasn't fine. The driver put the car in reverse to go forward and stalled twice. I was convinced we were never going to make it to the hostel.

Even though the driver said he knew where he was going I heard him on his phone or walkie-talkie asking all of his taxi driver friends where our hostel was. Finally I got the hostel on the phone and had them give him directions.

Our hostel was called "Traffic Inn". We got out of the taxi and in front of us was a huge hotel called "Traffic Inn Hotel". Henry looked at me and said... "Really Rachel?" Thinking I had booked a hotel. Of course behind the hotel was our hostel.

It's a very nice hotel with HEAT and HOT WATERRR! Wooo.

Once we "settled" in we went out to get food. We came across a Muslim noodle place and I got the best egg fried rice I've ever eaten. Great meal. Just what I needed.

When we got back I went straight to sleep. The next day was full our touring Chengdu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment