Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 24: Banana Pancake!


Our plan was to take the 8:30 bus to Kunming, however Henry woke up with Pink eye so we decided to take the 10:30 bus. Which meant.... I got to get breakfast again! Instead of getting eggs and toast I got a banana pancake and honey like I did when I was in Tiger Leaping gorge. The difference... This one was huge!

I ate breakfast with a girl who graduated from Chapel Hill two years ago. She is living in China and works as a rock-climbing guide. Because it’s off-season she has off until May... MAY?!? I would go insane.

Mama had her driver drive us to the bus station. She sent us on our way with two bananas. Mama Naxi's has been my favorite hostel so far. I was sad to leave.

We ended up making the 9am bus with 10 minutes to spare. Lucky us!

The bus ride was your typical bus ride... We stopped for our free lunch and this time I actually ate it, all of it. It was delicious. Oh and I bought a pack of chocolate filled Oreos that Henry and I ended up finishing in 2 hours. Whoops.

I hate arriving in Kunming. There are so many people and they all bombard you about taking their taxi. And they grab your arm. It made me so mad yesterday.

Eventually we got a taxi and got to our hostel. We booked our bus tickets to Yuanyang for tomorrow and good thing we did because we got the last 2 seats on the bus.

For dinner we went back to the 2nd restaurant we went to on our day off in Kunming a few days ago. Henry wanted to get the same fish, which they didn't end up having and I wanted to get Kung Pao Chicken, which lucky me, they had. We ended up ordering too much food as usual but it was a great meal. I love being able to sit out on the lake and have dinner.

After dinner I was exhausted so I went straight to sleep when we got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment