Sunday, January 13, 2013

January 13: STARS!






This morning we woke up at 6:30 because lonely planet told us the park opened at 7. We got to the park at 7:20, closed. Doesn't open until 8:30. So we walked back to get water and I put more pants on. I already had three pairs on and that wasn't enough. You haven't been cold/chilled to the bone until you have gone to Jiuzhaigou in January. It's insanely freezing.

Seeing the stars in the sky was amazing. I can't tell you the last time I've seen stars! So with that said, despite the freezing cold, waking up at 6:30 was worth it.

On the way back to our hostel to get water and put more clothes on I noticed my camera was on low battery. So I charged it for 10 minutes and hoped it would get some juice. It did! However, later in the day I realize it was on low battery because of the freezing cold. When the sun came out it was fully charged.

Anyway... Jiuzhaigou was amazing. The first part of the morning until about 11 I was close to miserably cold. I even thought about going back. I was convinced my toes had frostbite. But the cold weather was worth it because we got to see so many frozen waterfalls, which was incredible.
By 11 the sun was out and I was shedding layers. The lakes and rivers we saw were magnificent. The color of the water went from blue to green and you could see right through the water.

I can't really describe Jouzhaigou so the pictures will have to do. All I can say is that it was remarkable. The skies were blue like America (which I have been missing so much) and the scenery was beautiful. If you ever have the opportunity to go you should! 

No comments:

Post a Comment