Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Language Partner

Last week one of my students, Alina asked me if I could help her with her pronunciation. She told me she wanted to work in trade so being able to communicate in English, well, is important. Of course I agreed to help her and we decided we would meet on Tuesday's at 9:45. She said she didn't want to meet in my office because she would be nervous talking in front of the other teachers, so I told her we could meet in my apartment.

So, I was under the impression I would be helping her with her pronunciation... turns out she wants to be language partners. We are going to come up with a topic for every week and she will talk in English and I will talk in Chinese and then we will correct each other. I am so thrilled. This Tuesday was our first time and it went great. Alina is one of my favorite students so talking with her is a lot of fun. It's really hard to not become friends with my students since they are only a year or two younger than me.


No comments:

Post a Comment