Sunday, November 25, 2012

Human Garbage Disposal

Friday morning I got to sleep in and Derek made Steph, mom and I eggs, bacon and toast. I can do eggs and toast in Ma'anshan but the bacon part is an issue.

Mom, Steph, Derek and I went to the "Zoological Gardens" aka the zoo in Central. It was so much fun. There were so many different monkey's there and other animals. The monkey's were definitely my favorite though.

After the zoo we went to soho to get NY style pizza. Steph and Derek ended up getting tacos and bringing them over to the pizza place. And this is when Derek told me I was a "human garbage disposal". Now if you know me at all, you know that I never actually finish a meal because I get full quickly. Well.... things have changed. At least when I am in HK. Not only did I finish 2 big slices of pizza, I also ate Steph's fish taco because she didn't like it and I finished their chips. Whoops. Oh and I forgot to mention after breakfast I was still hungry so I made more toast. But hey... I have to refuel in HK. Chinese food every single day just does not get me full.

For dinner we went to VA BENE! My favorite restaurant... I was literally so excited all day long for dinner. Of course the entire dinner was delicious and once again, I finished my entire meal...

After dinner we had the grapa grapes. Derek disappointed my dad though. I think I actually ate more than he did.

Friday night we went out in Lan Kwai Fong. We really only went to Al's Diner. It was the most fun I have had there. Steph and I danced on the table most of the night and mom and dad even joined in!

Saturday our plan was to leave for Dragon's Back by noon. Of course we got a very late start and ended up getting to Dragon's Back after two. There are two different ways (that I know of) that you can go. One is a two hour hike and one is a five hour hike. Derek did the five hour hike in two hours. And I am pretty sure he could have finished it in less. It was pretty cold and extremely windy at the peak of Dragon's Back. At one point I thought I was going to blow over. Steph and I ended up running some of the hike. Being hungover and tired you can imagine how happy I was about that....

After the hike we went to Shek O for a seafood dinner. It was delicioussss... great way to end my visit home and their trip to Hong Kong!

As I always say, leaving Hong Kong is never easy. I love the place! 

No comments:

Post a Comment