Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday, November 4th: An incredible experience



Natural Bridge
This morning we woke up around 7. Our plan was to head out by 7:30 to start walking to the trail that would take us down the mountain to the east entrance of the park. We ended up leaving around 7:45 and caught a small bus that took us to the park "bus station". We were able to pick up the trail there. Of course the hike down was beautiful.

Towards the end of the hike down.
I am so glad we chose to hike down instead of taking the elevator down. We were able to see a different part of the park, which was just as beautiful. We also got to see the natural bridge in the park which was extremely cool!



Since we were leaving the park I had my backpack. Hiking down stairs was so much fun with my heavy backpack! Not... it did actually give me more balance though. I decided I am never carrying a baby on my back. I have NO idea how my parents carried me on their backs when they climbed the Great Wall when I was little. I mean my backpack certainly did not weigh anywhere close to what I would have weighed when they climbed the Great Wall.

When we got to the entrance we took a mini bus to ZhangJiaJie city. Nicholas was actually on the bus we were on. He left the hostel at 9 and took a different way down and beat us.

We all got lunch together in the city and then Henry, Alicia and I purchased bus tickets back to Changsha. We bought our tickets at 12:55 and made the 1:00 bus. Perfect timing.

View from the hike down
I love the bus system in China. So we bought our bus tickets at a proper bus station. Well during our 4 hour ride back to Changsha there are just randomly people on the highway that flag down the bus to get on it and then will get dropped off on the side of the highway later. It is so funny.

We were in traffic for a good hour because of an accident. I was asleep but woke up right as we passed a truck that had caught on fire. I thought there were ducks in the truck but Henry told me it was a truck full of hay... I'm still not sure I believe him.

When we finally got off the bus and got to the hostel I couldn't decide if I wanted to shower or eat first. Big decision after not showering for 3 days... We decided we should just eat first, come back shower and then go to bed since we had to leave at 5am to get to the airport.

Our dinner was awesome. We went to some random restaurant by our hostel. We ordered fish, an eggplant dish with other stuff and a mushroom and chicken dish. My favorite was the mushroom and chicken dish. I loved the fish but of course it was spicy.

I told Henry that I had eaten the eyeball of a fish when I studied abroad and that it's good luck. Alicia said she had too. So I told him it was his turn. He didn't hesitate at all. I still have not told them that I was joking....  whoops!

The bed in the hostel was terribly uncomfortable. It was literally a wooden board with a top sheet over it and a comforter. It took me forever to sleep and then of course we had a nice and early wake up call to return to Ma'anshan!


No comments:

Post a Comment