Thursday, December 6, 2012

ELF

This past week I showed my classes the movie ELF. Which means I got to watch it 6 times! The best thing... I am still not tired of watching it.

The even better thing... I had my students write down what they learned about Christmas from watching the movie... a few of my favorites:


  • "On Christmas Eve, an infant crawls into Santa's sack and hitches a ride back to the North Pole. Upon finding his imported cargo, Santa passes the buddle of joy off to a paternal elf, who names the baby Buddy and raises him up to be a full-sized man in a miniature world."
  • "Christmas is the biggest festival in the world."
  • "Christmas tree is a must for celebrating Christmas Day, but did you know how does the tree come from? It's said that long time ago, there was a farmer, he met a poor child on Christmas Day, and he warmly welcomed the child, the pine poor child insert a pine on the ground when he left, surprisingly, the pine turned into a tree immediately with many gifts on it, in return for the farmer."
  • "If you wear a red Christmas hat to bed not only will you feel warm but the next day you will find many presents!"
I love my students. I don't think I have ever left a class without laughing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment