Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The end of vacation

So my blog sort of fell of the face of the earth during my second week of vacation. After my backpacking trip I was pretty dead. I did a lot of relaxing, caught up on Greys, watched movies, ate delicious food, oh and learned how to knit.  Well, if you ask my mom I "learned" how to knit. She ended up knitting through my first roll of yarn.

The Friday before I left we went to Va Bene for dinner. It was probably the most amazing meal I have had there. I'm sure I have said that a million times before but it was seriously delicious. I got truffle pasta. That's all that I can say about Va Bene because it's making me way too hungry now that I'm back in China living a mainlanders life on a teachers salary.


The boat
The Sunday before I left we went on my dad's bosses boat. It was AMAZING. I'm not sure calling it a boat isn't even correct. Maybe a yacht? Or a cruise? Haha kidding.. probably a yacht. Either way, we had a great day. We took the boat out to an island where we had a great seafood lunch and then took a "hike". It was more of a walk/stroll. Along our walk we passed a bunch of bulls. Of course we had to step into the bushes since they took over the path. I would tell you about all the people that were with us, but I am still unclear of their connections. The main thing I got out of the day is, I probably went into the wrong field if I want to live a sweet life like that. I think my dad secretly planned this day so he could sway me to go into business. And you know... I just may!
My parents on the boat

So as you all know I had pretty much a month in Hong Kong before I left to go back to Ma'anshan. When did I decide to buy all the food I wanted and run all the errands I needed to run? That's right... the two days before. Typical. Every time we were in a grocery store my mom would say, "We're here Rachel, lets just pick it up now." I always said, "next time, I'm here for so long". Yeah, well I regretted that quickly.

Packing..... until the night before I left to go back to Ma'anshan I have never successfully packed without having a breakdown. This time, I did it. I have no idea how because I had to bring back stuff for Henry that his mom sent him, all my winter clothes, all my spring/summer clothes, all my christmas presents and of course all the food. So, to make things easier I took an extra suitcase. I'm pretty sure I had as much stuff going back to Ma'anshan as I did going the first time. I may start giving my clothes away as prizes in class. I really don't understand how I accumulate so much stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment