Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Year of the Snake

Chinese New Year in Hong Kong.... FULL OF MAINLANDERS. My mom and I went out shopping the Wednesday before CNY and I couldn't handle it. I couldn't wait to get home.

Parade


February 10th was the first night of CNY which was the parade. I met up with Caroline and Ami (two girls I met at training in Beijing) and their friends at Deck n' Beer. We all had a glass of wine and then left to find a spot to watch the parade. The parade was okay, nothing exciting.

Fireworks
February 11th is the night of the fireworks. Caroline, Ami, Michael and Lindsay all came over to the apartment to celebrate the 2nd night of CNY. We planned on going out after watching the fireworks but we ended up drinking with my parents till 3am. Everyone ended up sleeping over. If you have been to the HK apartment or seen it on skype or pictures, you know that it can't fit 7 people comfortably at all. But we made it work. The next morning my parents cooked us a great breakfast and then I slept all day. We all had a great time. I'll end it with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment