Wednesday, September 25, 2013

采石矶

Starting off this year I promised myself that I would update my blog at least once a week... How hard could that be? Apparently I proved myself wrong. But in all honesty, I have been extremely busy for the past 3 weeks, which is a great thing!

Last year I found myself with a lot of free time and this year, it is the complete opposite. I thought I was going to hate being busy, but as usual, the busier I am, the more productive I am.

采石矶

Kelly and Keith are the new teachers here and they are awesome. Two weeks ago we went to Caishiji, a famous "tourist" sight in Ma'anshan. I had gone last year with Katrina, but we didn't do much exploring. This time with Kelly and Keith, I explored the whole park. Caishiji is located on the Yangtze River and we found this cliff walk that allowed us to walk along the Yangtze. It was incredible. I say we found it because the signs were all completely wrong with how to get to the "cliff walk".

We stayed at Caishiji for about 3 or 4 hours and then got a well deserved family style lunch at a local "hole in the wall" restaurant. We've discovered the "C" rating restaurants are the best. It's probably all the extra dirt that makes the food so delicious...

When we got back from Caishiji, I had to shower immediately. The humidity here is unbearably disgusting. You walk outside and you're immediately drenched in sweat. I am definitely ready for fall but DEFINITELY NOT ready for winter.

Here are some pictures from Caishiji:






No comments:

Post a Comment