Sunday, December 15, 2013

September and October

So much for updating my blog once a week.... the following posts are a condensed version of what I've been up to since September!

September
  • Letters from Students: It's always nice getting funny and sweet letters from students! 
  • Hong Kong: Kelly, Henry, Keith and I went to Hong Kong for National Week. As most of you know, my parents apartment is not very big, yet we managed to all fit and had a great week. I have to say, the best part of the week was the birth of my sister's baby, Colin Jameson Barbour! I don't think I will ever forget waking up my parents and shouting, "STEPHANIE IS IN LABOR!!!" The looks on their faces.... priceless. My parents ended up leaving half way through the week and left the apartment to the 4 of us. Party timeee. Not really, but we did take full advantage of my dad offering all of his red wine to us. 
    Getting to Hong Kong was fun.... 
    Dragon's Back

    Shek O Beach

    Lamma Island


    Beach at Lamma Island


    Colin was born! October 3, 2013
  • Mid-Autumn Festival: Appreciated the moon with Penny and friends

Appreciating the moon
Sophie and me at her parent's house for dinner

Lanterns




October


  • Keith's Birthday: Keith's birthday probably revolutionized Little America's dinners... we discovered how EASY it is to make homemade pizza, which you will soon discover has been a regular thing here. 
Happy Birthday, Keith!

Sunset booze cruise

Sunset booze cruise

  • Halloween: Little America put on the best Halloween party Ma'anshan has ever seen.... aka the first Halloween party our Chinese friends have ever been to. Kelly and I made a delicious pumpkin soup, pizza and cookies. 








No comments:

Post a Comment