Sunday, August 26, 2012

One day at a time

This morning I left for Beijing for my week of training before I officially move to Ma'anshan to teach English at Anhui University of Technology.

I woke up this morning feeling lost and confused. When I landed my job in March I was SO excited and couldn't wait to start teaching. However, when today came, the day I move into the real world... I woke up feeling all out of sorts. I mean, I still feel like a child... am I REALLY ready for the real world?

My mom gave me great advice before I left: "Take it one day at a time. Today you are flying to Beijing. Tomorrow you start training." Of course I can't look at this move as one year, away from home, family, friends and normality.

Today by no means was an easy day, but I got through it! I learned that change isn't easy and the real world is a scary unknown to me. But with the support from my family, friends and God I know that even on the difficult days days I will continue to be strong.

So today I moved to Beijing for a week of training. Tomorrow I start training. I CAN DO THIS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment